Welcome to Hillside Acres Retreat
Hillside Acres Retreat- Six individual cabins nestled around a grove of shady Live Oaks. Each cabin is two-bedroom with central air, a full kitchen, living and dining area and private bath. Our retreat can accommodate groups from 1-26 guests in luxurious beds with high thread count Egyptian cotton linens and quilts (additional bedding may be available upon request). Our amenities include disc golf, swimming pool, on-site fishing pond, horseshoes, enjoying nature, just relaxing on the front porch, and late night star-gazing. We are conveniently located near the second largest and fastest growing wine region in the country. The area boasts of numerous microbreweries, many family-friendly activities including Pedernales Falls State Park down the road and quaint Texas towns. Outstanding lodging in a relaxed, unhurried environment. This is the perfect starting point for your Hill Country Adventure. We are also just over 30 miles from downtown Austin. Come out and see us!
We get asked a lot... Yes, we are child-friendly. No pets at this time.
"In the middle of nowhere, and in the middle of everything." J. Bush, a recent guest
More about the accommodations (PHOTOS BELOW)
- Beautiful hickory floors in Amish-built cabins.
- Each cabin has adjustable central air-conditioning and heat.
- Each cabin includes a fully furnished kitchen, with refrigerator/freezer, stove, oven, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, dishwasher, all utensils, dishes and pots and pans. (coffee filters, coffee, tea, sugar, non-dairy creamer, and basic spices also provided) (Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and extra toothbrushes... paper towels and bath towels, washcloths and hand towels)
- We have free internet service to all cabins, local television channels, and a DVD player. Internet signal varies, because we are out in the "country."
- ALL WATER in the cabins is FILTERED with reverse osmosis- better than bottled water!
- Ceiling fans throughout cabins.
- Don't just take our word for it. Click Here for previous guest's reviews.
- The Upper Pavilion (accommodates up to 55) available for a rental fee ($75 for the 1st night, and $25 each additional). The indoor pavilion is a great gathering area for a family meeting, group get-together or other large group function. This includes tables and chairs, microwave, Keurig coffee maker with coffee included and tea, cooler boxes, a refrigerator, games, cards, a comfortable leather seating area and large screen TV with DVD player. There is a small selection of DVD's as well.
- Click for information on Our Amenities or Area Attractions or Calendars
Photos of The Retreat- click to enlarge
Share photo gallery
The view of the retreat from the drive in.
The comfort of a hotel room...
The beauty of the Hill Country
2 twins in second bedroom
Queen bed in first bedroom
Outdoor pavilion down near the creek.
Wheelchair accessible- Cabin 3
Bert and his happy ladies enjoying the creek.
Fire Pit (aka the s'more pit)
Disc golf (We have a 9-hole course)
One of our wild roadrunners
Bert and one of the girls
The luxury of a hotel...
Hillside Acres Retreat
4032 Ranch Road 3232 Johnson City, TX 78636
(10 miles west of Dripping Springs)
For more information, call us today at (830)868-7515
...with the comforts of home